19th April 2023 – Daily Current Affairs Questions for UPSC Prelims Exams
Which country has become a founding member of the International Big Cats Alliance?
- Nepal has become a founding member of the International Big Cats Alliance.
- At the launch of the alliance under India’s initiative, Energy Minister Shakti Bahadur Basnet handed over the letter to India’s Forest and Climate Change Minister Bhupendra Yadav mentioning Nepal’s joining as a founding member.
- The Indian Prime Minister launched an alliance aimed at the conservation of seven big cats namely tiger, lion, leopard, snow leopard, cheetah, jaguar and puma.
- India has assured support for the alliance with a guaranteed fund of $100 million over five years.
- The government working in partnership with local communities, security agencies and conservation partners has resulted in the tiger population in Nepal rising from 121 in 2010 to 335 in 2022.
Which tire manufacturer from India has emerged as the second strongest tire brand in the world?
- MRF Ltd has emerged as the second strongest tire brand in the world.
- The latest report by Brand Finance states that MRF is the most valuable and strongest tire brand.
- MRF has scored high in almost all parameters.
- MRF is also known as the second fastest growing tire brand in the world.
- MRF has got a score of 83.2 out of 100 in brand strength and has been given AAA- brand rating.
- MRF has also been named as the Most Valuable Indian Tire Brand in the report.
- MRF scored high in the Sustainability Perception Value and is the only Indian tire company to feature in the top 10.
Aman Sehrawat of India has won which gold medal for India in the Asian Wrestling Championships 2023?
- Aman Sehrawat won the gold medal in the men’s 57 kg freestyle category at the Asian Wrestling Championships 2023.
- The 36th edition of this championship took place in Astana, Kazakhstan from 9 April to 14 April 2023.
- India won 13 medals in this championship.
- Aman Sehrawat’s gold medal was his second podium finish of the year.
- He had earlier also won a gold medal at the Under-23 World Championships in Spain earlier this year.
- India won 2 freestyle medals, 4 Greco-Roman medals and 7 women’s wrestling medals in this championship.
Which planet has launched JUICE mission to find possibility of life on moons?
- A European spacecraft left on 14 April 2023 for an exploration mission to the planet Jupiter and its three moons.
- The existence of life can also be detected through this campaign.
- The mission was successfully carried out on Friday morning by an Ariane rocket launch from French Guiana.
- Robotic explorer ‘Juice’ will take eight years to reach Jupiter.
- Juice will see Jupiter, the largest planet in the solar system, as well as Europa, Callisto and Ganymede.
- Project scientist for the European Space Agency, Oliver Vitesse, said there are no plans to detect life from Juice.
- NASA’s spacecraft will reach Jupiter a year earlier while Juice will take eight years to reach Jupiter.
What is the rank of India in international flight safety standards?
- India’s International Aviation Safety Assessment rating has been reaffirmed as Category One.
- It shows that the country meets global standards for aviation security oversight.
- The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) of the United States of America audited India’s Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) in the area of airworthiness, airworthiness and personnel licensing.
- After which India was given Category I status.
- DGCA’s commitment was recognized by the FAA, which granted Category I status to India.
- The FAA evaluates a country’s compliance with safety standards established by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO).
- DGCA’s commitment to ensure effective safety oversight of India’s aviation system recognized by FAA.