26th April 2023 – Daily Current Affairs Questions for UPSC Prelims Exams
Who has been appointed as the President of MMA-1 Federation recently?
Answer: Mahavir Singh Phogat
- Mahavir Singh Phogat has been appointed as the President of MMA-1 Federation.
- Phogat will be responsible for promoting Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) in India.
- As President of the MMA-1 Federation, Phogat will work towards developing and promoting MMA in India, along with identifying and encouraging new talent among sportspersons.
- MMA stands for Mixed Martial Arts, which uses techniques from various martial arts methods, such as boxing, wrestling, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai, and others.
- The goal of MMA is to defeat an athlete using striking and grappling techniques, while standing and on the ground.
The first trilateral consultation between foreign ministries of India, Armenia and which country has been held in Yerevan?
- The first trilateral consultation took place between the Foreign Ministries of India, Armenia and Iran.
- The meeting was represented by Mnatskan Safaryan, Deputy Foreign Minister of Armenia, Seyed Rasool Mousavi, Assistant to the Foreign Minister of Iran, and JP Singh, Joint Secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs of India, in their respective categories.
- During the trilateral meeting between India, Armenia and Iran, the International North-South Vehicular Route (INSTC) was also discussed.
- INSTC is a freight corridor connecting India, Iran and Russia and aims to reduce the time and cost of moving goods from Mumbai to Moscow.
- INSTC agreement was already signed by Russia, Iran and India in 2002 and has been expanded.
- Armenia and India celebrate the 30th anniversary of their bilateral diplomatic relations in 2022.
Which bank recently imposed a fine of Rs 44 lakh on 4 cooperative banks?
- The Reserve Bank of India has imposed a penalty of Rs 44 lakh on 4 cooperative banks.
- In this, a penalty of Rs 16 lakh has been imposed on the Tamil Nadu State Cooperative Bank.
- Reserve Bank has also imposed penalty on 3 other banks.
- The aim of the RBI is that all the rules and regulations of the Reserve Bank are followed by the banks.
- The Bank does not intend for us to interfere in any transaction between the Bank and the customers.
- In the past too, the Reserve Bank has imposed fines running into crores of rupees for flouting rules.
Which bank has harmonized the asset provisions of urban cooperative banks?
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) announced the harmonization of standard asset provisions applicable to all categories of urban co-operative banks.
- RBI stated in a circular that it has been decided to harmonize the standard asset provisions applicable to all categories of urban co-operative banks.
- The Reserve Bank had last December classified urban cooperative banks into four tiers for regulatory purposes.
- Earlier these banks were divided into Tier-I and Tier-II categories only.
Union Minister Sonowal has inaugurated the technology wing of the Ministry of Shipping in which state?
Ans: Tamil Nadu
- The Union Minister for Ports, Shipping and Waterways inaugurated the National Technology Center (NTCPWC) at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Madras.
- NTCPWC Center to enable ‘Make in India’ technology solutions for the region.
- The center will expand the NTCPWC in areas such as climate change and marine robotics to include world-class multi-functional marine laboratories.
- A maritime innovation center will also be set up in the near future.
- The objective of the center is to facilitate R&D for the maritime sector.
- Through this, efforts will be made to achieve the ultimate goal of building a strong maritime industry.