27th April 2023 – Daily Current Affairs Questions for UPSC Prelims Exams
Who has appointed Ananth Maheshwari as the new chairperson recently?
- Microsoft India President Ananth Maheshwari has been named as the next chairperson of NASSCOM.
- Krishnan Ramanujam will be replaced by Ananth Maheshwari.
- Ramanujam is the president of business and technology services at Tata Consultancy Services.
- The association of software and IT services companies also informed about the appointment of Cognizant India Chairman Rajesh Nambiar as its Vice-Chairperson.
- One-third of the women members have been given place in the new executive.
- Maheshwari was till now serving as the Vice Chairperson of NASSCOM.
- Nasscom has also announced the formation of its new executive body.
Which IIT institute has formed an inquiry committee on the suicide of a research scholar?
Ans: IIT Madras
- On 31 March 2023, Sachin Kumar Jain committed suicide at the Indian Institute of Technology-Madras.
- Investigation committee has been constituted to investigate the reason behind Sachin Kumar Jain’s suicide.
- The probe committee will have 5 members and will be headed by former Tamil Nadu Director General of Police (DGP) G. Tilakvati will do.
- The committee will submit a report of its findings detailing the reasons behind Sachin Kumar Jain’s suicide.
Who has been appointed as the new chairman of KVGB recently?
Answer: Srikant Bhandiwad
- Srikanth M Bhandiwad has been appointed as the new chairman of Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank.
- Bhandiwad previously served as the head of Patna circle of Canara Bank.
- He has a postgraduate degree in agriculture.
- She started off working as an agricultural extension officer in the rural branches of Canara Bank.
- He worked as a Consultant in Agricultural Consultancy Services, Head Office of Canara Bank.
- Bhandiwad also served as Deputy Managing Director of Canfin Homes Limited for three years.
Which country has approved abortion pill in a major step for women’s rights?
- Japan’s health ministry panel has approved the country’s first abortion pill.
- The medicine is a combination of two types of tablets and can be used within nine weeks of conception.
- The drug Amphizo Pack is manufactured by the Indian pharmaceutical linepharma.
- In a medical trial in Japan, 93% of participants had a complete abortion within 24 hours.
- The medicine is a combination of Mifepristone and Misoprostol, listed by the World Health Organisation.
- It has been shown to be safe and effective for pregnant women.
Which IIT institute will set up its first international campus in Tanzania?
Ans: IIT Madras
- Strengthening India-Africa ties
- Reflects India’s growing interest in the African continent
- demonstrates a commitment to the promotion of education and human resource development in Africa
- Setting up of the first IIT in Africa will mark significant achievements
- There will be a great opportunity for a prestigious institution established in the technical and science sector of India