Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan Essay: Here GkSection has been published an important essay on Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan in English language. The Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan Essay is an useful for those students who are currently studying in school or colleges. With the help of Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan essay you can write or give fluently speech about Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan in your school/college’s exam. Students which is currently studying in Class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 or graduate can preparation here for Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan Essay in English with lots of information about the Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan.
Long and Short Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan Essay in Hindi for School/College’s Students
Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan or Accessible India Campaign is a program which is set to be launched to serve the differently-abled community of the country. The program comes with an index to measure the design of constructing buildings which are disabled-friendly and make human resource policies. The flagship program has been launched by the Prime Minister on 3 December 2015, the International Day of Persons with Disabilities. The initiative also in line with Article 9 of UNCRPD (UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities) to which India is a signatory since 2007. The scheme also comes under Persons with Disabilities Act, 1995 under sections 44 to 46 for equal Opportunities in all sphere and events of life, and protection of rights which provides equality in Transport to Persons with Disabilities.
The plan as envisioned by the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD), Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, also includes renovation of existing public buildings beside making upcoming buildings disabled friendly. The campaign would initiate equal opportunities and participation of disabled people in all spheres of life in the society, which in turn would increase the economic growth and development while ensuring a dignified life for the persons with disabilities.
Some of the Targets under the Sugamya Bharat Abhiyaan campaign are:
- a) It is targeted to make the three verticals, namely, built-up environment, transportation ecosystem, information & communication ecosystem in the first phase of the campaign.
- b) Making international airports and railway stations which are completely accessible to the persons with disabilities.
- c) Convert at least 10% of the public carriers owned by the Government of India into disabled friendly carriers by March 2018.
Also Read: How Telling the Time in English and Hindi
- d) By March 2018, at least 50% of the public documents issued by the state and the central government to meet accessibility standards pertaining to persons with disabilities.
- e) Social media and Information Technology to be effectively used to create awareness to sensitize people on how to deal with disabilities.
- f) A subsidiary scheme under DEPwD, Scheme of Implementation of Persons with Disabilities Act (SIPDA) is to monitor and support the selection of public buildings and shortlist public websites that need conversion and up-gradation in order to make them disabled friendly.
The aim of this campaign is to empower the persons with disabilities to have easy access the public places through the installation of disabled friendly infrastructures like railings, ramps, lifts in public buildings, municipal buildings and transportation. Features like audio descriptions, captioning to promote easy accessibility to television broadcasts of different things in the world would also be incorporated by the Ministry of Information and broadcasting to make it user friendly for the disabled.
Some More Essay: