IBPS has announced tentative calendar of IBPS Exams 2017 and IBPS PO official notification will be released on the month of July 2017. Eligible and interested Candidates are required to register online for the recruitment process.
IBPS PO Exam Pattern
The IBPS PO selection process consists of 3 stages. The written examinations are conducted online, followed by an interview round. The structure of exams is as follows:
Phase-1: IBPS PO Preliminary Examination
This is an online examination where the candidates must solve the question paper in one 1 hour for 100 marks.
Name of Tests(Objective)
• English Language – 30 Questions
• Numerical Ability – 35 Questions
• Reasoning Ability – 35 Questions
Total Questions: 100
Total Marks: 100
Duration: Composite time of 1 Hour
Phase-2: IBPS PO Mains Examination
The IBPS PO Main Exam has a total of 200 marks, consisting of an objective test of 200 marks. The Objective Test will be online. There is separate timing for each section.
Name of Tests(Objective
Reasoning – 50 Questions
English Language – 40 Questions
Quantitative Aptitude – 50 Questions
General Awareness(with special reference to Banking Industry) – 40 Questions
Computer Knowledge – 20 Questions
Total Questions: 200
Total Marks: 200
Time Limit: 140 minutes
Penalty for Wrong Answers:
There is a penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests of both Preliminary and Mains exams. A wrong answer to an objective question by the candidate will lead to a penalty of one fourth of the marks assigned to that question. There will be no penalty for leaving a question blank, i.e. if no answer is marked by the candidate.
The marks of candidates qualifying in Mains Exam Objective Test will be arranged in descending order in each category. Adequate number of candidates in each category, as decided by the IBPS will be called for Interview. The qualifying marks in Interview will be as decided by the IBPS.
The total marks allotted for Interview are 100. The qualifying marks in interview is 40% (35% for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates).
IBPS PO 2017 Exam Syllabus – Subjects
1. English Language
• Reading Comprehension
• Cloze Test
• Spotting Errors
• Sentence Improvement
• Fill in the Blanks
2. Numerical Ability
• Number Series
• Simplification/ Approximation
• Quadratic Equations
• Data Interpretation
• Data Sufficiency
3. Reasoning Ability
• Puzzle and Arrangements
• Blood Relations
• Direction senseg
• Order and Ranking
• Coding – Decoding
IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria – 2017
• Age Limit: The candidate must be 20 Years to 30 Years. The final criteria for IBPS PO Exam 2017 will be released along with the official notification.
• Educational Qualification: A candidate must possess the minimum qualification of Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government. The candidate should have passed in English as one of the subjects at SSC/ HSC/Intermediate/ Graduation level. Candidate should possess certificate in proof of passing the qualifying examination.
• Rs.100/- (Intimation Charges only) for SC/ST/PWD
• Rs. 600/- (App. Fee including intimation charges) for General and Others.