Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission Recruitment 2017 – 54 Vacancies Apply Online
Applications are invited only through online mode upto 26.09.2017 from applicants against the vacancies for the post of Assistant in the Departments of Secretariat (other than Law and Finance) included in Group – V A Services to be made by recruitment by transfer from among the holders of the posts of Junior Assistant or Assistant in the Tamil Nadu Ministerial Service and Tamil Nadu Judicial Ministerial Service.
Name of the Post and Code No.
Assistant in the Departments of Secretariat (other than Law and Finance) (Post Code 1651)
Name of the Service and Code No.
Tamil Nadu Secretariat Service (Code No. 007)
No. of Vacancies – 54
Scale of Pay:
Rs.5200 – 20200 + Grade Pay Rs.2600/-(PB1)
Important Dates and Time
• Date of Notification 31.08.2017
• Last date for submission of online application 26.09.2017
• Last date for payment of Fee through Bank (State Bank of India or Indian Bank) 28.09.2017
• Last date for submitting NOC and copy of
• online application 20.10.2017
Date and Time of Written Examination- Single Paper – 25.11.2017 FN – 10.00 A.M. to 01.00 P.M
a) Registration Fee :- Rs.150/-
For One Time Registration (Revised with effect from 01.03.2017 vide G.O.(Ms).No.32, Personnel and Administrative Reforms (M) Department, dated 01.03.2017).
Note: Applicants who have already registered in one time Registration system within the validity period of 5 years are exempted.
Examination Fee: Rs.100/-
Note: The Examination fee should be paid at the time of submitting the online application for this recruitment if they are not eligible for the concession noted below.
Age Limit (as on 01.07.2017)
1. Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Castes (Arunthathiyar) and Scheduled Tribes – 35 Years
2. Most Backward Classes / Denotified Communities, Backward Classes and Backward Classes (Muslims) and “Others” [ i.e Applicants not belonging to
SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs and Backward Classes (Muslims) – 30 Years
Educational Qualification (as on 31.08 .2017) and Service Qualification (as on 01.08.2017)
Applicants should possess the following or its equivalent qualification:-
(i) Applicants should possess a Bachelor’s Degree of any University or Institution recognized by the University Grants Commission.
(ii) The applicants should be an approved probationer in the post held by them in the parent department and with service for a period of not less than three years after acquiring Bachelor’s Degree either in the category of Junior Assistant or in the category of Assistant or in both the categories put together, in the Tamil Nadu Ministerial Service or in the Tamil Nadu Judicial Ministerial Service as on 01.08.2017.
(i) The educational qualification prescribed for this post should have been obtained by passing the required qualification in the order of studies 10th + HSC or its equivalent + U.G. degree.
(ii) The selected applicants after appointment in the Secretariat should pass the Examination conducted at the end of the Foundational Training Course within three continuous chances failing which they shall be reverted to former post.
Selection Procedure – The selection will be made on the basis of the marks obtained by the applicants at the Written Examination subject to the rule of reservation of appointments
How to Apply:
1. Applicants should apply only through online mode in the Commission’s Websites/ www.tnpscexams.net /www.tnpscexams.in.
Last Date for Submitting Online Application:
1) The Online Application can be submitted up to 26.09.2017 till 11.59 p.m., after which the link will be disabled. 2) Last date for submitting NOC and copy of online application on 20.10.2017.
(For detailed information applicants may refer Commission’s ‘Instructions to Applicants’ at the Commission’s website www.tnpsc.gov.in)
Official Website:- www.tnpsc.gov.in