The success of a job interview does not end at the answers you give to the interviewer questions. Too often, “what are the questions to ask an interviewer?”- is overlooked. To tell you, asking question to the interviewer is the deciding ingredient for getting hired. The interviewer gets the idea about your standing and your perspectives.
Get your mind set into what question to ask when you are in the interview. The type of questions you put before the interviewer will speak about your personality. It is very essential to sound smart and be prepared to pose the appropriate question to the interviewer, when offered the opportunity. Here is the list of important questions which should be on the top of your mind. You can use this list as a reference and pick a few most important to suit the job as per the description.
Find the questions on various topics for your benefit.
#Questions to ask an interviewer about the Position:
Find the questions that will be most useful to ask your interviewer about the position in the organization. You may ask:
- How did this position come about?
- Who would be my immediate supervisor in this position?
- What would be the right way to collaborate with my supervisor in this position?
- What is the period for the vacancy of this position?
- What is the number of employers who held this position in this/last year?
- What is the duration a person stays in this position?
- What is the immediate opportunity to be appointed to in this position?
- What is the important thing you can relate to me, which isn’t described in the job title?
- What would be the immediate thing to do in this position?
- What is the personality traits required in this position?
- What would be my role in contribution to the company’s economy?
- What are the changes you are expecting in this position?
- How does the normal day look like in this position?
- What is the hardest side of this job?
- What is the role in this position which defines my success?
#Question to ask an interviewer about the Company:
- What about the company is not known to others?
- What is your foresight of this company in the next 3 year or more?
- What is the biggest challenge at this moment?
- What is the working culture of this company?
- How many person joined or left this company the year last?
- What is the most inviting thing for people to work in this company?
- What is the reason you think, that makes people leave from this company?
- How much of changes the company has made since the time you joined this organization?
- What is the strengths/weakness of this company?
- What is the next development in view for this company?
- How are the management skills of this organization?
- What is the stand of the company in terms of creativity and innovation?
- What is the most exciting thing about the company?
- Whom does the company have as its competitor?
- What is the turn-over of the company in the last year?
#Questions to ask an interviewer for the Interviewer:
- What is the most favorite part of your working in this company?
- Did you face any big challenges in your position?
- What is the duration of your stay in this company?
- What is the most attractive thing which made you be in this organization?
- What is the line of success in this position you count?
- What is the most exciting for you on a daily basis, while working with this company?
- How much do you feel, this company has enhanced your career?
- What is the driving point for your success in this organization?
Besides, the above enumerated list of questions, there are wide range of questions you can put for the interviewer depending on the type of interview you are attending. Make sure to analyze the job description of the company before you sit for the interview. Prior knowing about the company you would be working with is very essential. The more you have information about the internal matters of the company; the better is your sense of collaboration. Pick your best choice of questions and keep the thumb rule: sound smart and practical.