After submitting the online application form for the highly competitive RRB NTPC 2019 exam, candidates are looking for the best preparation strategies to adopt for cracking the exam in the first attempt. Two major components for the preparation of RRB NTPC that students must include are accuracy and speed. Moreover, adopting smart techniques rather than tough techniques can help you in scoring good marks in the exam.
With the tough competition for the same, students must prepare carefully in order to get selected for the job profile under RRB NTPC. Plan your preparation in a way that guarantees high accuracy and minimum negative marking which in turn will result in a higher score in the exam and sure-shot selection. A study plan that comprises complete syllabus of the exam, important and scoring topics and best study material and tricks and tips to excel in the RRB NTPC examination.
Useful Source: RRB NTPS Exam Questions and Answers from Previous Paper
Preparation Strategies for RRB NTPC Exam 2019
The Railway Recruitment Board (RRB), conducts the RRB NTPC exam for various recruitment in Non-Technical Popular Categories in Indian Railways. The numerous vacancies for different posts under Non-Technical Popular Categories (NTPC), Para-Medical Stuff, Ministerial and Isolated Categories, and Level 1 posts.
Now, let’s discuss the preparation strategies for RRB NTPC Exam 2019 below.
- Selection Process – The first and major step for commencing your preparation for the exam is to get acquainted with the detailed stages of the selection process of RRB NTPC. Check below the various stages of Railways NTPC exam:
- RRB NTPC Prelims (Computer Based Test)
- RRB NTPC Mains (Computer Based Test)
- Typing Test for the post of Junior Accounts Assistant cum Typist, Senior Clerk cum Typist, and Senior Time
- RRB NTPC Aptitude Test for the post of Traffic Assistant and Assistant Station
- Document Verification
- Medical Fitness Examination
- Final Selection
- Exam Pattern– After getting thorough with the selection process of the exam, the next step is to consider the exam pattern for the same and keep that in mind in order to prepare Remember, exam pattern for RRB NTPC Prelims and Mains is the same for all the different posts. The only difference is with the number of questions and marking scheme for Prelims and Mains.
1st Stage Computer Based Test (CBT)
|General Awareness||40||90 Minutes|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||30|
Note: Each question will fetch you one mark and 1/3 marks will be deducted for wrong answers.
2nd Stage Computer Based Test (CBT)
|General Awareness||50||90 Minutes|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||35|
- Important preparation tips for each section – Knowing the entire syllabus of the exam is also a very important part of the preparation for the exam. Download the official syllabus from the official website of the RRB and then start your preparation for the exam in a well-structured manner. Take a look at the preparation for each section of the exam which is provided below in a concise and accurate way.
Preparation For General Awareness
- Questions will be asked related to the topics like current affairs of national and international
- Go through NCERT History, Geography, Civics, and Political Science books from Class 6th-12th.
- Having complete knowledge of Indian Laws and Constitution, History, Polity, Parliament, Economy, Budget,
- Read newspapers and magazines of current affairs on a daily basis and put more emphasis on topics related to Business, Economy, Polity, Science and Technology, and Sports.
- Gain in-depth information about Books and Authors, Countries Capitals and Currencies, Awards, Honours and Recognition,
- You should start this section with easy topics like Classification, Number and Alphabet Series, Analogy, Distance and Directions, Blood Relations, Although easy topics and requires common sense the more you practice the questions, the faster you will be able to solve questions in the exam.
- After easy topics, move to topics that need more concentration like Syllogism, Statements & Conclusions, Statements & Assumptions, Puzzles, Seating Arrangements, etc. In these topics, you will be required to understand the underlying theory first to solve the questions
- The best way to solve the questions from this section is to try to comprehend the steps involved in solving problems instead of trying to learn shortcuts to solve the questions. With consistent practice, your problem-solving abilities will enhance and you will be able to discover various shortcuts for the
- Also, try to cultivate the habit of making diagrams as you practice for better understanding and solving part of the
Preparation For Mathematics
- Learn the application of formulas to solve and the theory behind each of the
- Start with easy units like Percentage, Ratios & Proportion, Average, Profit & Loss, Simple & Compound Interest, etc. which are absolutely based on the
- After that, move to difficult topics like Problems on Ages, Boats & Cisterns, Mixtures & Alligations, Time, Distance & Speed, Time & Work,
- Remember the basic rule that this section is all about practice and more Just memorize the formulas, learn the tricks or shortcuts and solve an ample amount of questions.
- Best Books – In order to get a good score in the competitive exam, you must assemble the best books for RRB NTPC exam which cover all the topics and has a wide range of examples and questions. Some of the best books which recommended are:
General Awareness Books
- General Knowledge – Manohar Pandey
- Lucent K (Objective Questions) – Dr Binay Karna and Manwendra Mukul
- Lucent G.K (Theory) – Dr Binay Karna and Manwendra Mukul
- Lucent Reasoning – Arihant Publication
- Logical and Analytical Reasoning- A K Gupta
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning- R S Aggarwal
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic- Arihant Publication
- Magical Books on Quicker Maths- M-Tyra
Important Preparation Tips for RRB NTPC Exam
- Before starting with the solving part, understand the concept of the topic
- Practice previous year question paper as much as you can to build your
- Keep formulas and steps to solve problems at your
- Remember the importance of Time management while solving the
- Maintain a balance between speed and accuracy while preparing for the
- It is also important to analyze your performance in the test and identify your weaknesses and
Now that you have complete knowledge of how to prepare for the RRB NTPC exam, prepare wisely and smartly to score a decent score in the exam. Remember to solve a good quantity of questions in order to get shortlisted for the exam. For more information or query related to the preparation of RRB NTPC exam, drop a comment or give us a call.