FAQ on SBI PO
What is SBI PO Exam
SBI PO Recruitment Exam is always considered as the Largest of all Banking Exam. The next in line is IBPS PO Recruitment Exam. SBI PO Job Profile will cover the job profile, roles and duties of an SBI PO.The job profile of SBI PO is little bit different from Bank PO of other banks. SBI PO is one of the most sought after job in India. It is a guarantee of a secure future coupled with the prestige of working with in the government sector.
What is sallary of SBI PO
According to this year’s notification regarding SBI PO Salary. The basic salary of SBI PO mentioned in Official Notification is Rs. 23700. But the SBI Probationary Officer gets 4 advance increments of Rs 980 which will be added to the basic. Now the basic that we get in total is Rs. 27620.
• SBI PO Basic Pay – Rs. 27620/- (4 Increments also applicable)
• Dearness Allowance (DA) – 46.9% of the Basic Pay (Revised Quarterly)
• (CCA) – This varies with the place of posting at 4% or 3%.
• HRA – 9%, 8% or 7% (Depends on the place of posting)
• Furniture Allowance – Rs. 120000/-
• Medical Insurance – 100% medical coverage for SBI employees and 75% for their family members
• Travelling Allowance – For official travels, reimbursement of AC 2-tier fare is provided
• Petrol – Approx. Rs. 1100-1250
• SBI PO Gross Salary with HRA – Total Compensation: ?7.55 lakhs and maximum of ?12.93 lakhs depending on the place of posting and other factors.
• Total Earning Before Deductions = Rs. 43307
SBI Probationary Officers are provided with attractive leave policies, which includes 33 days of privilege leave and 12 days of casual leave annually along with sick leave and maternity leave. Women and single men with children or aged parents have the provision to take a sabbatical leave of up to 2 years.
Other allowances including Newspapers, Entertainment allowance, Conveyance etc.) = Rs. 4130
HRA = Rs. 2486.
What is the Structure of Examination?
• English Language – 30 Marks for 30 Questions
• Numerical Ability – 35 Marks for 35 Questions
• Reasoning Ability – 35 Marks for 35 Questions
Number of Questions – 100
Total Marks – 100
Duration – 1 Hour
• Reasoning & Computer aptitude – 60 Marks for 45 Questions
• data analysis & interpretation – 60 Marks for 45 Questions
• General/Economy/banking awareness – 40 Marks for 40 Questions
• English language – 40 Marks for 35 Questions
Number of Questions – 155
Total Marks – 200
Duration – 3 Hours
Phase – III: Group Exercises & Interview
• 20 marks for Group Exercises & Interview (30 marks)
What is the eligibility criteria for SBI PO 2017?
Essential Academic Qualifications:
Graduation in any discipline from a recognised University or any equivalent qualification recognised as such by the Central Government. Those who are in the Final year/Semester of their Graduation may also apply provisionally subject to the condition that, if called for interview, they will have to produce proof of having passed
the graduation examination.
What is the Application fee for SBI PO?
1. SC/ST/PWD Rs.100/- (Intimation Charges only)
2. General and Others Rs. 600/- (App. Fee including intimation charges)
Fee/Intimation charges once paid will NOT be refunded on any account.
How many times can I appear for this exam?
SBI PO Attempts according to category
•General – Number of chances Number of chances 4
•General (PWD) – Number of chances- 7
•OBC – Number of chances 7
•OBC (PWD) – Number of chances 7
•SC/SC (PWD)/ST/ST (PWD) – No restriction
If you appeared for preliminary exam only & did not qualify for mains, it WILL NOT be counted as a chance.
What is the age limit for SBI PO 2017 exam?
Not below 21 years and not above 30 years.
Relaxation of Upper age limit :
• Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe – 5 years
• Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)- 3 years
Persons With Disabilities
• (PWD PWD (SC/ST) – 15 Years
• PWD (OBC) – 13 Years
• PWD (Gen) – 10 Years
How do I apply for SBI PO 2017 exam?
Candidates will be required to register themselves online through Bank’s website www.sbi.co.in/careers or www.statebankofindia.com/careers. After registration candidates are required to pay the requisite application.
Payment of Fees : [online Mode Only] :
i. Candidates should first scan their photograph and signature as detailed under guidelines for scanning the
photograph and signature.
ii. Candidates to visit Bank’s website www.statebankofindia.com/careers or www.sbi.co.in/careers and open
the appropriate Online Application Format, available in the current openings.
iii. The payment can be made by using debit card/ credit card/ Internet Banking by providing information as
asked on the screen.
iv. On successful completion of the transaction, e-receipt and application form will be generated; which may be
printed for record. The printout of the application form is not to be sent to the Bank.
Guidelines for Scanning the Photograph & Signature
Before applying online a candidate will be required to have a scanned (digital) image of his/her photograph and signature as per the specifications given in Annexure-
Online application will not be registered unless candidates upload photo and signature as specified.